Content of the material
- 1. Drive With Uber or Lyft
- 3. Sell old books and games on Amazon
- 5. Become a Tutor
- 18. Drive with Lyft
- 18. GET PAID TO WRITE
- 21. Walk Dogs in Your Neighborhood
- 3. Dog Sit Or Baby Sit
- 5. Sell Your Unused Gift Cards
- 1. How can I make $100 in one hour?
- 16. Advertise for companies with a car wrap
- Make money online FAQ
- How can I make money online very fast?
- How can I make $100 a day on the web?
- How can I make money online in 2022?
- No. 4: Launch a Physical Product and Grow a Tiny Retail Empire
- Ecommerce Earning Potential
- Tips to Help You Succeed in Ecommerce
- No. 2: Become A Creator and Get Paid Directly By Followers and Fans
- The Earning Potential in Becoming a Creator
- Tips for Being a Successful Creator
- Consider Building an Emergency Fund
- Primary Sidebar
- Other Awesome Side Hustle Ideas
1. Drive With Uber or Lyft
Your earnings are calculated based on the base amount, time, and distance of the ride. You can earn even more if there is a high demand for drivers in the area, whether it’s a sought-after location or the day of an event, so keep that in mind when selecting an area to drive in. Minimum requirements include:
- You must be at least 21 years old
- You must have a valid U.S. driver’s licence
- You must have at least one year of licensed driving experience in the U.S. (3 years if you’re under 23 years old)
- You must have an eligible 4-door vehicle
- You must have proof of vehicle registration and vehicle insurance
Once you apply, you’ll undergo online screening to review your driving record and criminal history.
3. Sell old books and games on Amazon
Amazon makes it fairly easy to list and sell old books, games, and devices on its marketplace. You can make more than just a few bucks If you have pricey textbooks from college. Be sure the books are in good condition. You’ll get negative reviews if you attempt to sell books that are falling apart or games that are scratched up. Remember, be upfront about any defects, no matter how small they might be and no matter how few people might readily notice them.
It’s also important to note, that in addition to selling on Amazon, you can earn passive income through Amazon’s affiliate marketing network as an Amazon Associate.
For those who may be unfamiliar, affiliate marketing is an advertising model which allows a company to sell their products through a third party or affiliate, who markets the product for a commission.
So for example, if you own an online business blog, you could earn a commission for including an Amazon affiliate link in one of your posts. Other companies that offer an affiliate program include eBay Partner Network and CJ Affiliate.
5. Become a Tutor
Are you an expert in math? Fluent in another language? Use your skills to your advantage by getting paid as a tutor. Reach out to the schools in your community to connect with students or parents of students looking for extra help, or post your skills to Craigslist.
There are also online communities that allow you to find tutoring gigs in your area such as Tutor, or Smarthinking, but they require that you undergo an application process and background check before landing a gig.
18. Drive with Lyft
If you live in a city, becoming a Lyft driver is a great side hustle to make money fast.
As soon as you sign up here and register as a new driver, you will get a bonus of $300 after completing your 100th ride. While it may sound too much, if you work with Lyft on the weekends, you should be able to get the bonus in a few weeks time.
Driving with Lyft gives you flexibility to drive whenever you want and on your schedule.
Your earnings depend a lot on the distance, base amount, and the time. If you are driving in an area with high demand for Lyft drivers or a location with a sought-after event, you can earn more than regular. Remember this while you are taking a shot at this side hustle to make money in one day.
- At least 21 years old
- Need a valid U.S. driver’s licence
- At least one year of licensed driving experience in the U.S.
- You must have an eligible 4-door vehicle
- You must have proof of vehicle registration and vehicle insurance
18. GET PAID TO WRITE
Get paid to write immediately ($50-$250)
But if you like to use your writing skills for a one-time payment opportunity then, there are websites that pay per article.
You can write on topics ranging from food, lifestyle, health, and business.
You first need to send a pitch (a brief description of your topic idea). When you get accepted, you can then submit your full article and earn up to $250 per post.
You usually get paid via PayPal, so it’s a good thing to have a PayPal account before getting started.
Holly Johnson earns over $200,000 as a freelance writer and has created this free mini-training to give you a few insider tips on being successful as a writer.
21. Walk Dogs in Your Neighborhood
If you are pet lover, then do not spend time thinking on how to make money in one day. You can sign up for pet sitting or dog walking.
Rover is a pet walking and sitting platform that is always looking for qualified dog sitters across the United States. You can earn anywhere between $10-30 for a 30 minute walk.
This has to be the easiest way to make money fast and in one day! Just take a few more dogs for a walk along with yours.
3. Dog Sit Or Baby Sit
Notice the order of operations there? Hahah. Anyway, if you have some time (like less than an hour), you can sign up to dog sit or baby sit for people near you.
If you’re a pet lover, check out Rover! It’s an app that connects you with people looking for dog sitters, house sitters, and even dog walkers. It’s super simple to sign up and get booked for gigs in your area!
If watching children is more your thing, check out Sittercity. You can sign up in minutes to be a baby sitter in your area. You do have to clear a background check, but that’s quick – and then you can start getting gigs nearby. One of the best things to do is be available for last minute needs – they pay well and can likely work around your schedule.
To get started, check out these services:
5. Sell Your Unused Gift Cards
It seems like the older I get the more gift cards I get – a lot of them are for places I never even go to! While I appreciate the gesture I also don’t want to let those gift cards go unused. Luckily there are tons of places where you can cash in unwanted gift cards.
If you need money on the spot you can now sell your unwanted gift cards at Coinstar machines. Just look for the special kiosks, scan your gift card, and you’ll instantly get a cash offer.
We recommend you check out CardPool to sell your giftcards. They have the best prices, and they typically offer a bonus if you select an Amazon giftcard in exchange.
1. How can I make $100 in one hour?
The best way to make $100 in one hour is by participating in paid focus groups online. As a research participant you can expect to earn upwards of $100 for an hour.
16. Advertise for companies with a car wrap
Platforms like Carvertise connect brands and companies with drivers. The process is simple — agree to turn your car into a roaming billboard for a price. If you qualify, you can earn a set monthly fee for advertising your car. You won’t have to pay anything to do this, but you’ll need a clean driving record and a fairly new car.
You’ll have to drive the car enough to be worth it for brands paying for your services. If you have all that, then you could make a bit of side-hustle income through this endeavor.
Make money online FAQ
How can I make money online very fast?
- Build a Shopify store and dropship products online.
- Sell used stuff on eBay, Amazon, or Facebook Marketplace.
- Find and share coupons on websites like Coupon Chief.
- Buy and sell domain names.
- Rent your spare room on Airbnb.
- Provide TikTok consultancy to startups and businesses.
- Sell information products.
- Tutor people online in high-demand subjects.
- Flip your thrift store finds.
- Review apps and websites.
How can I make $100 a day on the web?
- Complete surveys.
- Sell products on Amazon.
- Teach English online.
- Watch videos for money.
- Get cash back on your shopping.
- Proofread for websites.
- Review music online.
How can I make money online in 2022?
- Launch a print-on-demand store.
- Sell your clothes online.
- Create handmade goods.
- Offer freelance services.
- Curate subscription boxes.
- Build online courses.
- Launch a podcast.
- Create digital products.
- Become an influencer.
- Start a blog.
Start selling online now with ShopifyStart your free trial
No. 4: Launch a Physical Product and Grow a Tiny Retail Empire
Ecommerce is a red-hot industry, and tools like Shopify, Etsy, Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA), and Instagram’s Shopping feature have made it easier than ever to create and scale a product-based business — even if it’s just you to start. Successful ecommerce businesses are so in-demand, in fact, that there are entire aggregator companies like Thrasio and Perch dedicated to buying out your product-based business (for a lot of money) and adding it to their portfolio.
Physical product-based businesses differ from the previous three categories in that they usually require more upfront investment to develop and test your minimum viable product. You may not make money online in your first few months, and many ecommerce brands invest in their own website, their own online store, and their own sales channel. You’ll want to take this into consideration when weighing business ideas and selecting your online money making approach — especially if the industry you want to enter has production regulations.
Once you’ve dialed in your supply chain and your audience, however, you’ll have an online store that generates passive income while you sleep. Many ecommerce founders begin their entrepreneurial journey by inventing the product they wish they had; if you’re passionate about making a physical product you know people need, this approach might be perfect for you.
Ecommerce Earning Potential
According to a survey from JungleScout of 4,864 Amazon sellers, 44% of respondents reported making between $1,000-$25,000/month in sales. 68% of sellers reported profit margins of over 10%, and 22% of sellers reported profit margins north of 25%.
It’s important to remember that any physical product will have manufacturing and shipping costs that can eat into your bottom line at first. Leverage advertising networks, review websites, and social proof to sell online more efficiently and drive interest in your online store.
Tips to Help You Succeed in Ecommerce
Ecommerce is a different animal than the other approaches mentioned above. Keep these quick tips top-of-mind as you bring your amazing physical product to life.
- Test your product relentlessly. What works? What could be improved? Actively solicit customer feedback on your product so you can figure out what to improve in overall design or production quality. Doing this dirty work early on will help you make money online more efficiently later.
- Invite shoppers to join an email newsletter. A common strategy you may have seen before is to offer website visitors a discount in exchange for their email address. Email is a great way to market to your customers for free; prioritize winning over this audience above all others.
- Leverage repeat sales. According to research from Bain & Company, an increase of just 5% in customer retention can lead to a 25%-95% increase in profits. Whoa! Acquiring customers is expensive, and it’s impossible to guarantee favorable reviews; put a post-purchase retention plan in place to maximize repeat transactions and happy customers. Referrals are easy money.
Takeaway Ecommerce sometimes requires more upfront investment in order to develop your product prototype, but if you know you have a product people want, it can be a terrific way to make money online.
No. 2: Become A Creator and Get Paid Directly By Followers and Fans
Do you enjoy creating content online? Are you good at it? If the answer to both of those questions is yes, making money online by tapping into the creator economy might be a great option for you.
Creator life is great for professionals who don’t love the idea of selling online, but could pump out YouTube videos or manage a YouTube channel all day long. Over 50 million creators earn money online, and two million of those creators are doing it professionally, according to SignalFire, a venture capital fund that works with early-stage startups.
Think of creators like tiny media companies: They produce and publish educational or entertaining content – sometimes on their own website, and sometimes exclusively on social media accounts – which you can get a taste of for free. They build an audience over time, and then make money online from this audience in one of three ways:
- Subscriptions: They offer access to their best content in exchange for a subscription fee – the same way you do when you subscribe to services like Netflix or Spotify – and use a platform like Patreon to do so. The more paying subscribers you can attract, the more money you will make.
- Sponsorships: Brands or companies pay the creator to be featured, and the creator incorporates the brand’s advertising into their content. “Paid partnership” posts on Instagram are a classic example. Sometimes, the creator will also have an affiliate link for the product being featured.
- Advertisement kickbacks: Creators get a cut of ads or commercials that are shown on their platforms. When you watch a popular YouTuber, and ads play during their videos, that creator is getting a cut of the advertising spend because they’re bringing the eyeballs to the table. This advertising revenue is low at first, but will snowball as your audience grows.
Creators can choose to leverage one or all of these strategies. Keep in mind that creator economy monetization is a slow burn, because building up an audience usually takes time. If you love to create content and could do it all day long, however, you have the passion and drive to develop an income stream from these online efforts.
The Earning Potential in Becoming a Creator
Creatorship differs from being a service provider in that more customers don’t necessarily mean more work. Whether your Patreon has four subscribers or 4,000 subscribers, your output is the same. Leverage is key if you want to make money online or make more money without working harder.
Here is what our experts had to say.
Just start making content and putting it out there! Then, pay attention to what people like and what they’re not that into. This will give you a better idea of what types of content might be more profitable.Sarah Jane Burt
Make sure you have a great phone and just start making content! When I started I had zero followers and zero email subscribers. I just went live on Facebook every single day.Neha Gupta
Becoming a content creator allows you to build a community of people who can buy products from you later. If you’re willing to be in it for the long game, it makes sense.Satya Purna
Tips for Being a Successful Creator
If creator life sounds like your thing – and you want a less direct, sales-y way to earn money online – here are some tips you’ll want to refer back to often.
- Help your audience get to know you. Creators often lead with a personal brand, and this personality is what helps to set them apart. Share both quality information and personal perspectives for a winning one-two punch.
- Study how information gets shared on a platform. The one thing all successful creators have in common is that they know how information gets seen on the internet. Choose a platform, then become masterful at using it. Prioritize this first and you will save money and time in the long run.
- Focus on quality and consistency. Contrary to popular belief, creator life is not a guaranteed recipe for passive income. You can, however, make money online every single month from content you published ages ago. To succeed as a creator, you need to produce and publish valuable new content regularly; if this feels unreachable, this approach to making money online may not work for you in the long run.
Takeaway Entering the creator economy is a great way to make money online, but to do it well you need to commit to creating valuable content consistently.
Consider Building an Emergency Fund
Perhaps you’re in a great financial position, and you’re looking for fast cash just because you like making money.
But if you need to know how to make quick money in one day because you’re in a difficult financial position, consider working to build an emergency fund once you’re able to do so.
“Oops” happen in life, money expert Clark Howard says. We all face unexpected expenses at some point. That’s why setting aside some savings that you can access when you need it is a great idea.
Start by saving even a tiny amount and work toward increasing the amount over time.
If you feel you’re not in a position to save anything, review your finances. Make a budget and find ways to cut out unnecessary expenses. That way you can avoid being in a situation where you need fast cash in the future.
Other Awesome Side Hustle Ideas The Best Gig Apps To Make Extra Money 75+ Best Side Hustle Ideas Best Driving Apps That Pay Best Ways To Make $5,000 Fast The Best Apps That Pay You To Play Games